Saturday, December 31, 2011

11 in '11

Here are eleven things I learned in 2011...

11 - No matter what anyone says, there are no do-over's in life. There are, however, opportunities to do better.
10 - When you put your faith in people (rather than God) you will always be disappointed... and chances are, so will they.
9 - My time with my kids is far more valuable than the money I was making working overtime.
8 - Saying "things couldn't get worse" usually means they're about to.
7 - When you make a mistake there is no one in the world who needs (and deserves) an apology more than your child.
6 - Forgiveness is really hard - to give, and sometimes to receive.
5 - Being a grown up is over-rated.
4 - The best friendships take a LOT of work.
3 - Single parenting isn't as hard as it looks on TV... it's MUCH harder.
2 - I'm not as smart as I think I am... and my kids are a whole lot smarter!
1 - I can do hard things - all things actually - through Christ who strengthens me.


Happy New Year... bring on 2012!

No comments: